Sunday, March 11, 2012

Thanksgiving in SLO

We decided to meet my brother Phillip and his family in San Luis Obispo for Thanksgiving this year. We drove all afternoon and got there after dinner but we had been promising the girls all day that we were going to the beach. So way after dark and bedtime we drove down to the beach and it was so cold and fun to be there in the dark!Rosy was so worn out from the late night dip in the ocean she fell asleep on the stairs!
We went to a monarch butterfly migration park the next morning and waited and waited until a butterfly landed on Lily's hand! (It was actually dead and had a little help getting there from her dad, but she was still ecstatic!)

This was the best beach just behind the butterfly sanctuary. We found so many whole sand dollars we couldn't carry them all. The kids ran and splashed and had a great time!

Lily loved playing with Brielle. She wanted to hold her all week.

We walked down the main street in SLO one night and had to make a stop at Bubble Gum Alley.
We don't know how it started but we had to add a few pieces of our own.
We had a bon fire on the beach later that night and roasted marshmallows and talked until the kids feel asleep.


The happiest looking laundry I ever saw!
Cousin bath!

The elephant seals in Moro Bay



We had a BBQ on the beach and chased the waves and dug for rocks. A perfect day at the beach.











Then we were off to the tide pools to find starfish.

We had our Thanksgiving dinner a day early but it still tasted just as good.

Lily made a sign and decorated the table with some of the shells she collected at the beach. She picked out a tablecloth and talked Erick into pulling some leaves off an avocado tree in the yard for her centerpiece.




Thanks so much for inviting us! Can we make this a tradition for next year?

3 comments:

alane said...

that looks like it was a fabulous trip...the beach makes me miss Florida! You are a cute bunch...

Joy said...

Megan, I enjoy watching for posts on your blog--- so excited about the baby news -- when are you due -- I know I have been told, but don't remember --

Reaching out to you today in the hopes thay we (your aunts, uncles, and counsins) can get some updates on your mom -- I don't have your e-mail address by mine is joyjones818@hotmail.com. We don't need alot of details, but a sentence or two every day just keeping us informed as to her progress would calm our troubled souls--if you would let me, Alane, Wes, anyone know we would gladly share it between ourselves and our children -- this has rocked all of our worlds and we are praying for her and your family and I guess are just a little needy to know how she is doing without be overly intrusive -- thanks so much -- Love you, Joy

Joy said...

Okay, Megan, sorry to be here again, but I wanted to let you know that Saramarie has been giving us updates - so I guess I got a little antsy and asked every body to do it, but we don't need much just a sentence or two and I think Saramarie will keep us informed -- not that we wouldn't love to hear from you but didn't want to overburden everyone with this task....keeping you all in our prayers --Joy